Wool Is Wonderful






Thursday, October 20, 2005

Riker Approved Finished Object



My Starfleet Bag was completed this afternoon after much frustration.
When initially knitting, I ran out of black Jacob wool and had to spin more up. The fiber content is my handspun Shetland, Jacob, and Columbia wool with some purply mohair thrown in. Anyway, I finally finished spinning the Jacob this week and got the strap knit up.
Here's the bag pre-felting:



Notice the somewhat normal shoulder strap length of 45".
Now we have the post-felting pic:



My strap grew to 78" making the bag hang to my knees. Not cool.
I decided to snip it right in the middle and then stitch each end on the opposite side.
For blocking some nearby DVDs proved useful.



For the lining I chose faux suede for the bottom and satin for the sides and interior pockets.



I'm happy with the finished product, now I just have to keep it away from the kids!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I LOVE it!!!!!!

6:59 PM  
Blogger helen said...

oh, my dear! it is beautiful!!!!!

i miss you. haven't 'seen' you around much ;)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Taryn said...

that is the WAY COOLEST bag ever. dh and i are such trekkies we have contemplated going to vegas to the star trek experience so we can renew our vows on the bridge, how sad is that lol even sadder that we have friends who would go with us in a heartbeat ;) however i draw the line at going to a convention dressed as a klingon...

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool Liz!

I love it!

The sheep are so cute...I like that little Fricka is the leader of the bunch.

Your SP!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Wow! Did you design this? It's so pretty!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous glittrgirl said...

Fantastic!

Now I want to make one for the sibling for Christmas......

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Egeria said...

Holy that is freakin' awesome! Did you design that bag? When do you publish the pattern!!

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com