Riker Approved Finished Object
My Starfleet Bag was completed this afternoon after much frustration.
When initially knitting, I ran out of black Jacob wool and had to spin more up. The fiber content is my handspun Shetland, Jacob, and Columbia wool with some purply mohair thrown in. Anyway, I finally finished spinning the Jacob this week and got the strap knit up.
Here's the bag pre-felting:
Notice the somewhat normal shoulder strap length of 45".
Now we have the post-felting pic:
My strap grew to 78" making the bag hang to my knees. Not cool.
I decided to snip it right in the middle and then stitch each end on the opposite side.
For blocking some nearby DVDs proved useful.
For the lining I chose faux suede for the bottom and satin for the sides and interior pockets.
I'm happy with the finished product, now I just have to keep it away from the kids!